We here at Sweet Smiles have a porterville dentist that recommends the following items:
1) Brush Twice a Day
• Brush with cavity protection toothpaste for two minutes.
• Brush fronts, backs and tops of teeth – plus the top of the tongue.
• Use a child-sized, soft-bristled toothbrush and replace it every 3 months or when bristles are worn.
2) Floss Once a Day
• Floss to remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and below the gumline. Brushing alone can miss up to 30% of the tooth surface!
• A plastic-handled flosser can make it easier for kids to floss.
3) Rinse Twice a Day
• Use rinse* for 30 seconds to kill bad breath germs and protect against plaque and gingivitis.
• Show your child how to rinse properly and spit the rinse out in the sink.
• Children can also use a fluoride rinse to help strengthen teeth and prevent cavities. Always read and follow the directions for the mouthrinse that you use.
If you have questions, you can always call Sweet Smiles at 559-788-2532. We have dentists in porterville to help and serve you.